WHAT IS SPFA?
The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) is an educational and technical resource to the spray polyurethane foam industry.
A national 501(c)6 trade association, the SPFA was founded in 1987 and its constituents include contractors, manufacturers, and distributors of spray polyurethane foam, as well as related professionals and entities involved in equipment, protective coatings, inspections, surface preparations, and other key services related to spray foam. The SPFA is based in Virginia and its members span all 50 states within the USA.
Creative Polymer Solutions & Accufoam is now one of only a few manufacturers that meet the strict guidelines the SPFA requires from its Accredited Suppliers. “An SPFA PCP Accredited Company has met all of the requirements of the PCP Certification… By doing so, an Accredited Company has made a commitment to work in compliance with stringent health and safety guidelines and best practices with requisite PCP Certified Supplier Representatives, Field Examiner, Written Examiners, and personnel.”
As our company grows, we want to match that growth with more industry involvement, commitment, and support. That’s one of the many reasons we are proud of this level of industry accreditation. We look forward to more Industry Engagement in the coming months as well as the opportunity to host SPFA PCP training courses, tests, and exams.
SPFA focuses upon the professional spray polyurethane foam (SPF) contractor in our programs and services. But the end customer is the essential core of the SPF business. While SPFA tends to focus upon technical details utilized by professionals, it is also imperative to address the consumer as the beneficiary of the high-performance product. Through SPFA and industry promotion of high quality and safe installations, an informed and educated consumer can better select the contractor for the job, and understand the installation process along with the long-term benefits leading to increased satisfaction.
SPFA has several member types which fall into one of two Classes: Organizational and Individual.
- Organizational membership types include Contractor, Supplier, Consultant, Industry Partners, and Contractor Affiliates.
- Individual memberships include Applicator (new); other individual member types may be added soon.
Any business entity engaged in the application of spray polyurethane foam, coatings, and related products. Contractors provide services including the installation of SPF insulation, roofing systems, or specialty applications (e.g., geotechnical).
2. Contractor Affiliates
Any contractor as defined above that is part of a larger contractor network.
3. Supplier (multiple types only for the SPFA Online Member Directory)
- Chemical Supplier — Any business entity supplying resin and other chemical products to manufacturers of spray polyurethane foam and coating systems.
- Foam/Coating Manufacturer— Any business entity formulating polyurethane foam or coating systems.
- Material Supplier – Any business entity involved in providing materials, other than foam or coatings systems, to any Distributor or Contractor engaged in the spray polyurethane foam business.
- Equipment Manufacturer – Any business entity involved in the manufacture or supply of equipment used in the spray polyurethane foam industry to any Distributor or Contractor engaged in the spray polyurethane foam business.
- Distributor — Any business entity involved in the warehousing of materials and equipment used in the application of spray polyurethane foam systems for direct sale to any person or Contractor engaged in the spray polyurethane foam business.
Any entity that does not qualify as a Contractor or Supplier and devotes a part of its efforts to the spray polyurethane foam industry, or which renders professional services to the industry.
5. Industry Partners
These organizations include media and other affiliated trade associations.
Any individual shall be eligible for Applicator Membership in the Alliance provided this person is actively involved in the installation of SPF or related materials and is not an owner or officer in the company for which they work.
Accufoam’s team are proud members of this great organization and as such we are provided opportunities for professional education, networking, and business development through expos and other events the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance hosts. Through our SPFA membership, we are able to connect with spray foam contractors from around the country that are interested in doing business the right way.
The SPFA is always hosting events for training and networking as mentioned above. These occur in traditional and virtual forms through online training.
One of the most significant events the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance hosts is called SprayFoam Convention, a place for people from all over the world interested in foam to meet and share products and ideas in the spray foam roofing industry. We have exhibited at this event for several years now and it is one of the best shows we have attended. Many SPFA members exhibit at this event and utilize the services offered by the SPFA.